Attorney Robert Raper left his private practice early in 2015 where he focused on Social Security Disability, medical malpractice and nursing home negligence cases to join Dyer, Garofalo, Mann & Schultz where he now focuses on Social Security Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Veterans Benefits cases. Robert brings with him 18 years of extensive Social Security Disability experience representing clients from their initial application to hearing level and if necessary handling their appeals to the Appeals Council or federal court.
Robert received his undergraduate degree in English from Northern Kentucky University in 1995 and his Juris Doctor from the Salmon P. Chase College of Law in 1998. During law school, Robert served on the editorial staff of the Northern Kentucky Law Review and the Kentucky Children’s Rights Journal. He was also chosen as a member of the elite trial lawyer association, The Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court.
Robert is admitted to practice in Ohio and Kentucky, several U.S. District Courts, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Robert was honored by the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 in 2012, with the Kentucky Court of Justice Law Related Education Award of Achievement in 2010 and is a Fellow of Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers. Robert has published several articles in legal journals and other publications on the topics of Social Security Disability, medical malpractice, automobile accident negligence and civil litigation.
Specialized Practice Areas
- Social Security Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Ohio, 2003
- Kentucky, 2003
- U.S Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2004
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Kentucky, 2004
- U.S Court of Appeals for the 6th District, 2003
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Kentucky Court of Justice Law Related Education Award of Achievement
- Fellow, Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky (J.D. 1998)
- Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, Kentucky (B.A. 1995)
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Social Security Representatives
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio State Bar Association
Pro Bono Activity
- Greater Dayton Volunteer Lawyers